This was a fun way to deal with the idea of how to compare multiple jobs against one another:
- Jobs have a salary and a number of hours per week an employee is required to work.
- My time has a value to me ($50/hour).
- Gas costs $3.40/gallon.
- My car gets 30 miles/gallon.
- Average speed of commute is 50 mph.
- “Travel” refers to percent of time per year working, but not at the employee’s home office.
Please enter the salary per year:
Please enter the number of days worked per week:
Please enter the number of hours worked per day:
Please enter the length of commute in miles:
Please enter the percent of work time spent away from the main office (no %, just the number):